I’d like to point out to you ReTrumplicans that each of the following is socialism in action:
- The Interstate Highway System
- Rural Electricity Grid
- The Hoover Dam
- Tennessee Valley Authority; similar flood control systems on other major rivers
- The navigation system on the Mississippi River
- Social Security
- Air traffic control
- The United States military
- Interstate Commerce
- National Parks
- Safe Drinking Water
- VA and FHA loans
- Tornado Warning Systems
- The National Weather Service
And that’s just the beginning.
Just about everything we have done on a national or community level would be described as “socialism” by you ReTrumplicans.
Oh, and by the way:
- When your house is on fire, do you call a free enterprise contractor to come give you an estimate on saving the house, the, call a couple of others to get competitive estimates? Or do you call the fire department — which is a completely government-owned socialist organization.
- When you have a sudden onset of crushing chest pain, do you call three doctors for appointments to give you competitive estimates for their care? Or do you call the local rescue squad — which is a socialist organization, completely owned by the government.