5 dead, 21 wounded in mass shooting in Odessa, Texas . . . young white male in his 30’s.
Meanwhile, Republicans are SO-O-O-O-O proud of themselves and their lords and masters.
The shootings in West Texas took place a day before a series of new state laws easing gun restrictions were set to take effect.
The new laws were passed in August and will go into effect Sunday, September 1.
Among the new laws:
- House Bill 1143 says a school district cannot prohibit licensed gun owners, including school employees, from storing a firearm or ammunition in a locked vehicle on a school parking lot — provided they are not in plain view.
- Senate Bill 535 clarifies the possession of firearms at churches, synagogues or other places of worship. It allows licensed handgun owners to legally carry their weapons in places of worship.
- House Bill 1387 loosens restrictions on how many armed school marshals a school district can appoint.
- House Bill 302 bans homeowners or landlords of rental property from prohibiting residents from lawfully possessing, carrying, transporting or storing a firearm or ammunition on the property.
- House Bill 1177 prohibits residents from being charged with a crime for carrying a handgun while evacuating from a state or local disaster area.
- House Bill 2363 allows some foster homes to store firearms and ammunition in a safe, locked and secure place for personal protection.
The NRA informed their members of the new laws on Thursday, stating that the bills were “protecting your second amendment rights.”