Q: Is Rob Wittman REALLY this stupid?
A: It’s a trick question. Of course he is.
Rob Wittman (R, VA-01) recently sent an email to his constituents in which he asked them to vote for “capitalism” or “socialism.” Here is the question he asked.
I want your input on this issue: Thinking about different forms of government, which of the following statements do you agree with most?
[ ] Capitalism is the best form of government because it creates a free market to gives people the freedom to work and achieve their potential. It’s not the government’s job to pick winners and losers and that government intervention only leads to inefficiency and abuse of power.
Now, we all know the Republican Party is devoid of ideas. We also know, with Trump at the head of the ticket, Republican candidates must do everything they can to detract from Trump, otherwise they’ll be trounced in every future election.
So — what do Republicans like Wittman do? Deflect. Distract. Make everyone look at that bright shiny object over there, don’t look at the criminal in the White House.
If you don’t like socialism, then, here are a few things you must do.
- DO NOT DRIVE ON ROADS, STREETS OR HIGHWAYS. They all were built by the government using tax money. That’s the way socialism works.
- WHEN YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE, DO NOT CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT. Fire departments are socialism in action.
- CANCEL YOUR MEDICARE COVERAGE. That’s socialized medicine.
- CANCEL YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY INCOME. It’s socialism in action.
- I could go on and on, but, you get the picture . . . and the picture is clear: Wittman is a clown with nothing of any importance to say, so, he says nothing.
Meanwhile, you might start by reading some fact-based articles.