Denver Riggleman Has No Friends in VA-05
Republicans in Virginia’s fifth district don’t like Denver Riggleman.
I mean, they REALLY don’t like Denver Riggleman.
Over the past year, Riggleman:
- was censured by a county committee,
- was almost censured by the entire district Republican committee, and
- will soon face off against a primary challenger at a GOP convention where the nominee is decided by the very activists and committee members who nearly voted to censure him in the first place!
And if you don’t believe Virginia’s 5th District Republican Committee is all in on Riggleman’s primary challenger, Bob Good, just take a look at who the members are donating to:
- All in all, Good received a total of $1,650 in itemized donations from the committee’s members.
- Riggleman didn’t get a dime.
Adding to the fact that Riggleman only received 46(!) donations from people in Virginia for the entire quarter, it’s clear his local, in-district support is in free fall.
Riggleman is facing a clear revolt in Virginia with both Democrats and Republicans ready to say goodbye to their disappointing Congressman. Between the GOP committee-backed primary challenger and the strong field of Democratic candidates, it’s clear that if Republicans don’t kick him out this spring, Democrats are on track to get the job done in November.